HONOLULU (AP) — It's looking like it'll be a below-normal hurricane season for the central Pacific.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issued its 2013 central Pacific hurricane outlook Wednesday at a news conference in Honolulu. Hurricane season starts June 1 and runs through November 30.
NOAA expects one to three tropical cyclones to affect the central Pacific this season. Tropical cyclones include tropical depressions, tropical storms and hurricanes. During an average season, there are four to five tropical cyclones.
NOAA says climate conditions call for a 70 percent chance of a below-normal season, a 25 percent chance of a near-normal season and a 5 percent chance of an above-normal season.