The National Weather Service Flash Flood Warning continues for Hamakua, Hilo, Puna, and Ka`u Districts through 10:30am today.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring.
The following roads are closed:
· Highway 11 in Ka`u between the 57 and 61 miles markers in Ka’u.
· Daniel K. Inouye Highway, also known as Saddle Road, on the Hilo side of the saddle between the 11 and 18 Mile Markers.
· Bay Front Highway.
S. Kopua and Kahiopele Street in Upper Puna
Highway 11 near the the 16 mile marker and cross street Mauna Loa Drive (Mt. View)
· Kamehameha Avenue between Pauahi Street and Ponahawai Street.
Due to the Flash Flood Warning, the following are advised.
· Conditions are not predictable. Flooding could occur in other locations without notice.
· Do not attempt to cross flowing water. Turn around, don’t drown.
· For information on Sand or Sandbags, please call Civil Defense at 935-0031.
· If you are experiencing emergency conditions of flooding, call 9-1-1.
Stay tuned to your radio for updates and changes in conditions.
GET THE LATEST RADAR AND SATELLITE IMAGES AT: WWW.KWXXWEATHER.COM