The Flash Flood Warning has been extended until 4:30pm.
Hawaii Police Department, State and County Highways report the following roads are open for through traffic;
· Highway 19 and Daniel K Inouye Highway
· S. Kopua Road in upper Puna
· and, Pohaku Drive in lower Puna
Roads that remain closed at this time are;
· Bayfront Highway, Pauahi Street and Kamehameha Avenue, and Highway 11 in Ka`u between the 57 and 62 Mile Markers.
· Remember that road closures may occur without notice.
Please be advised that the National Weather Service Flash Flood Warning for Hawaii Island remains in effect.
· Conditions are life threatening, please stay out of areas that are flooding, this is no time for sightseeing.
· Be aware of Subdivisions in Puna and Kau susceptible to flooding and stay out of those areas. Special emphasis for Orchidland, Eden Roc, and Hawaiian Acres of Puna and Wood Valley in Kau.
· Do not attempt to cross flowing water. Turn around, don’t drown please, limit your travel to necessary trips as driving conditions are dangerous and life threatening.
· Due to flooding conditions County Mass Transit bus routes maybe interrupted without notice. Please keep yourself up to date by visiting HeleOnbus.org for the latest bus schedules and cancellations.
· For information on shelters contact Civil Defense at 935-0031.
Stay tuned to your radio for updates and changes in conditions.
See the latest weather satellite and radar images at www.kwxxweather.com