Hilo Medical Center has only 11 patients with COVID-19, down from its highest count of 18. Kona Community Hospital still has two patients with COVID-19, one of whom is on a ventilator.
There have been no new deaths reported on the island.
The attached photo is Hilo Medical Center CEO Dan Brinkman with Kona Community Hospital’s new CEO, James Lee, during a tour of Hilo Medical Center.
Below is the complete Hilo Medical Center/Yukio Okutsu Veterans Home.
HILO MEDICAL CENTER UPDATE (as of 3:00 pm on Tuesday, September 29, 2020)
- 11 total COVID-positive patients are hospitalized: 3 in ICU, 7 in COVID Unit, 1 in Extended Care Facility
- COVID testing for the Extended Care Facility’s 52 staff and 28 residents that was conducted on September 24 and 29 have all returned negative.
- Admissions to our Extended Care Facility remain paused until the situation is resolved.
- Hilo Medical Center is optimistic in managing COVID in the hospital and its long term care facility.
- 2 total deaths, unrelated to the veterans home, have occurred in the hospital on September 8 and 18.
YUKIO OKUTSU STATE VETERANS HOME UPDATE (as of 3:00 pm on Tuesday, September 29, 2020, reported by Avalon Healthcare, the veterans home’s managing company)
- Good news: There has been an improvement in hospitalized and recovered cases of residents. Yesterday, all results from this last round of resident and staff came back NEGATIVE.
- A total of 71 residents and 35 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 in this outbreak
- 49 residents are currently at the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home
- 8 residents are receiving care in the home’s COVID designated area
- 1 resident is hospitalized at Hilo Medical Center
- 26 total resident deaths related to COVID-19 have occurred. We offer our deepest sympathies to the families and loved ones.
o No deaths related to COVID-19 to report today.
- 36 residents and 30 employees have recovered
- For additional information, go to: https://ahcupdates.info/hilo-covid19-update
28 total deaths related to COVID-19 have occurred – 26 from the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home and 2 unrelated to the veterans home.